Saturday, March 26, 2016

Halloween Meets Christmas

I know...you are thinking.....this card does not look anything that resembles Halloween. 

My husband and I love to decorate for Halloween.  This year, while doing some major overhaul on the Halloween items we stored, I came across a couple of 19 1/2 in x 26 in sheets Strathmore Chromolux Mirri Sheets.  We bought them at a Halloween store.  They sold as haunted mirrors and we used them in one of the displays a couple of years ago.  I thought about throwing them out but being like most crafters, I look at stuff with the eyes of a crafter and ask...What can I use this for?  

Well right then a lightbulb went on and I thought of the Jim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks I had. This reminds me of tin foil and also of silver shining cardstock.  I decided to cut them down to size and give them a try.  Dies cut beautifully on it and embosses well.  The alcohol inks work just perfectly.  



For this card, I used  Cottage Cutz Lantern & Poinsettia die to cut it out.  I colored it using the Jim Holtz Alcohol inks and a small paint brushes.  The background was embossed with snowflakes which i think is a Martha Stewart folder.  

I am entering this card into the following:
FB Only Christmas Cards Week 11
Outlaws Twisted Thurs to use Green
F & M Challenge

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: