Thursday, May 29, 2014

Facebook Quote Inspiration

I came across a quote that was posted by many on Facebook and it was my inspiration to do this card. 


 Many liked the quote...I looked beyond the quote and took in the nighttime blues and the stars.  I thought..that would make a beautiful card!


I only used 2 stamps on it.  One was a Stampin Up tree stamp from the set called "Serene Silhouettes".  The other stamp "With Deepest Sympathy" came from Impression Obsession set called "Sympathy Sentiments".

To make the card, I brayered Stampin Up Pacific Point ink all over the entire white cardstock.  I stamped the tree 2 times on the card.  I used Black StazOn ink to stamp the tree facing up because I wanted a nice dark black color.  I used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp the tree facing down for the reflection.  The reason I used a different ink for the reflection is because I did not want that crisp black color.  I wanted to ink it and stamp off some of the color on a scrap piece of paper first and I could not do that with the StazOn ink.  

Next I tore a piece of towel paper with small bumps to mask off where I wanted the grassy knolls and inked up a sponge with StazOn.  After I was got the area I wanted sponged with black ink, I flipped over the ripped paper towel so I could ink the reflection of the grassy knolls in the water.

With another sponge, I sponged on Stampin Up Night of Navy ink to get the darker sky along the top and along the very bottom of the water.  

Finished the main part of the card with stamping the sentiment with Stampin Up Whisper White ink and using Gelly Roll Clear ink pen to make the twinkling stars.  Don't forgot to add the stars in the water as well for their reflection as well!

I made 2 more with same technique. One I forgot to take a picture before it was mailed off. =( 
 The sentiment on this card is from the same Impression Obsession set called "Sympathy Sentiments".


Hope this inspired you to try brayering and sponging on your creation!  Just be prepared to get some ink on your fingers!

Netta

No comments: