Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sketch Challenge #5-Christmas Snowman


It was time for Christmas card and another sketch.  Wow, all these challenges are keeping me going...getting a lot done!



Here is the sketch I used.


The paper I used came from Stampin Up paper pak called Winter Frost.  The snowman is an old Stampin Up stamp.  Christmas tree is s sizzix die.  For the snow sparkle I used stickles!  Very easy to do
One challenge I have is cutting the strips and then taping them down so they are even width. I did mine a different way.
I cut my pieces the length I wanted but the width I was not too particular.  The piece I wanted in the middle was actually matted.  I then glued down the right and left strips with the edge about the same as the mat on the middle strip.  I then placed the middle strip down.  Now they are look like they are all centered correctly!
For the snow along the bottom I ripped white paper.  

I don't recall ever paper piecing before but it fit well for this one.  I stamped the snowman on white cardstock.  The hat and scarf was stamped on a small piece of scrap paper.  I did not stamp the whole snowman. I just wanted those pieces.  I cut them out as well as the buttons.  Glued them on the snowman.  Cut the whole image out to glue down on the card.  With the hat, scarf and buttons matching the background just made the whole card flow and come together real well!

thanks for stopping!
Netta

No comments: